Wednesday 5 September 2007

Breakfast

As I shuffle my way off a packed train, my colleague calls. I assume his journey to work has been as painful as my own, and answer with a groan. But I am wrong, he's calling from outside the caff to ask if I want a bacon sandwich. 'Brown bread and brown sauce. That's easy to remember.' he says in response to my delighted acceptance. When I arrive at my desk, the sarnie is waiting. I make us all a cup of tea. 'Nice tea.' says my colleague. 'Nice sarnie.' I reply, and we grin at each other.

4 comments:

The CEO said...

It's so nice when little things can make such a big difference, and things get so much better.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Oh Clairvoyante One,
Let me declare I love this blog. It suits me or my fancies even more than th'other one, really. I love its minimalist cogency. Bravo. Lovely. Chekhovian slices of life. Great stuff. Keep it going. I think it will even have more staying power than the other one; just a thought, not a criticism. Bravo. And thanks.

Quink said...

Quite right. Brown sauce is far better on bacon butties than even Heinz Ketchup. I prefer the slob out factor of great wodges of freshly-cut white bread though. The sesame seed stuff from my local baker fits the bill perfectly.

Jocelyn said...

And didn't that just put fuel in every engine you've got?