Tuesday 4 December 2007

Coiffeuse

As Robyn cuts my hair, the stylist tending the woman in the adjacent chair asks "How open are you to product?" I catch Robyn’s eye and we laugh at the turn of phrase – how pompous it sounds. Later she tells me a story about her children that has me crying with laughter, and when she asks me how the Burlesque is going, I show her some of the pictures on my ‘phone. She coos over them, is delighted, and shows her colleague, he of the ‘product’ comment. Clearly impressed, he tells me I have a lovely figure, and I feel a little guilty for sniggering at him earlier.

He finishes his client’s hairstyle and she is picky and difficult to please. I say to Robyn, "Well, at least I’m easy, I just let you do what you like."

"You’re not ‘easy’," she replies, "You’re a lot of fun." And I feel a certain pride that my fondness for her is reciprocated.

4 comments:

David said...

'Product' can be one of the most offensive words of buzzspeak.

Raymond said...

You have see all the new stuff I bought. Come look.

Gucci Muse said...

Eeww, what hairdresser lingo-I myself only go to them when I need a corrective trim on my lengthy locks-they are now touching my derriere, really- so time to trim.

But, I could never be as brave as you-to let them do as they wish.

I need to now get up and start to get ready for a Christmas Party thrown by my regular topics of blogging-Fred and Quiet Man.

You see, I need to get out of this bed, put down the laptop and get out there, even if it's only into another lunacy.

Edirin said...

love teh blogg,keep it up