Sunday 9 December 2007

Overhead V

Standing in Blockbuster perusing the rows of rental DVDs, I find my view suddenly blocked by a man in a hoodie. He's one of those browsers who stands directly in front of the shelves, thereby preventing anyone else from browsing whilst he does. I sigh and step to my left, preferring an overview of the shelves myself. After a few seconds, the following exchange takes placce:

Mr Hoodie: "Jedi?"

Jedi: "Yeah?"

Mr Hoodie: "Come 'ere." (A girl of six or seven appears at his side with a smaller girl - Yoda? Stormtrooper? Death Star?) "What you doing?"

Jedi: "Nothin'. We wanna watch X."

Yoda: "Yeah! We wanna watch X."

Mr Hoodie: "I've seen it and I think it's too adult for you. You won't like it."

Yoda: "Adult is good."

Jedi: "We can do adult."

By this point, my view of the shelf is completely obstructed by one chav and two small girls with deeply tragic names, so I move on - sniggering, of course.

6 comments:

David said...

Oh what wonderful eyes and ears you have.

Raymond said...

Netflicks.

Gucci Muse said...

Oh God. Yuck is all I can say.

Katherine said...

Happy to learn I’m not the only one who comes into contact with people who stand directly in front of shelves. . .

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Hmmm. Were you hoping to find "A Room With a View"?

Calamity Jane said...

Ohhh - so you've met Grand Moff Hoodie then. Sniggers right along with you.