Sunday 23 December 2007

Synergy



I'm a Wes Anderson fan. I'm also a Sigur Ros fan. The climax of The LIfe Aquatic With Steve Zissou offers a piece of superlative film making; the perfect use of music to communicate the wonder and the grief and the love and the magic of that scene. Every time I watch it, I cry. It is beautiful.

On my way to bed, I notice the film is on TV. I stay up to watch the beginning, enjoying the richness of Anderson's work - the characters, the acting, the sets, and the fabulous soundtrack. Bill Murray is outstanding as ever. But I'm too tired to watch the whole film, so I wonder, is my favourite scene on YouTube? It is. I watch it. It is beautiful. I cry.

2 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

I have never seen the movie, but the music was beautiful.

Katherine said...

I love this film.

I forgot how beautiful the ending is. I needed this today; thank you.

(I'm so behind on all these posts!)