Saturday 5 January 2008

As Seen On TV

Feeling glum and bored in the evening of my two-week, self-imposed retreat from life, I remember the unwatched Victoria Wood DVD and helplessly giggle my way through it. I recall many of the sketches from my youth, but with my adult sensibilities, they are even funnier than memory served, and it is with some admiration that I realise just how talented Victoria Wood is (despite her atrocious dress sense), and just how superb the performances in the show were.

Here are two favourites:



4 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

She reminds me of Mrs. Bucket........

Glamourpuss said...

Muse
You're right - it's the same actress, but this predates 'Keeping Up Appearances'. I suspect Mrs B was based on Kitty.

Puss

Katherine said...

These are so good.

Ann ODyne said...

Victoria Wood is brilliant and deserves the WEALTH that no-talent Kylie Minogue has in error.

The Dinner Ladies v Locomotion?
no contest