Friday 1 February 2008

Brighten My Northern Sky

It’s been a long week and I am tired. Standing on the train, my vacant gaze catches sight of a large, pink globe in the train door window. At first, I think it’s a reflection, but leaning forward and staring, I realise it’s the moon. She looms low and large in the sky, just brushing the rooftops as we glide into town, but best of all, most miraculously of all, she is pink. Enthralled, I recall the last pink moon I witnessed; an omen of good fortune, a benediction.

5 comments:

Shambhu said...

I've skimmed over alot of passe' blogs, your's stands out. You have a beautiful descriptive writting style, and a poetic heart. I'll lookforward to reading more!

Glamourpuss said...

Shambhu
Kind words. Bless you. And thanks for dropping by.

Puss

Bert & Flo Handmade said...

But .. but .. today it is nearly new moon and so practically invisible except at silly o clock in the morning, and then as a narrow crescent sliver. You see I am a loony moon wench, inextricably tied to its waxing and wanings, a hangover from the white witchy days (said by a gleefully shallow earth polluter, how times change). Anyway, it's still a magical moment and brings me to a halt every time I see it.

Gucci Muse said...

I cannot say I have ever seen [or noticed I should say] a pink moon.

I would love to see one!

And so nice it is an omen of good fortune for you!

Glamourpuss said...

Minxy
Saw it last week, I think, but only just got around to writing it. Random.

Puss