Thursday 7 February 2008

Beacon

There’s been a curious absence of snowdrops. And seeing yellow crocuses last weekend, I am convinced I must have missed the snowdrops this year, which makes me feel very sad and somehow cheated, for I love them so. Everywhere I’ve travelled, I’ve looked for snowdrops, and today noticed them everywhere. It seems I have not been as inobservant as I assumed; the snowdrops are late this year, and the knowledge comforts me. Their quiet purity feeds my soul and makes it sing for Spring.

5 comments:

Shambhu said...

I'm increasingly catching whiffs of spring on the breezes. I can feel it's frenzy just beyond the horizon.

Gucci Muse said...

Wow, so early! Usually around this time here, we are deep in snow, but even with some springy days, I have not seen nary a crocus.

I like the snowdrop. I don't think I have ever seen oen live.

Calamity Jane said...

Yet the daffs were out early this I thought.

Calamity Jane said...

This YEAR I should have said ;-)

Glamourpuss said...

CJ
Yes, the daffs are early but weirdly, the snowdrops, crocuses and daffs all seem to be coming out at once. Global warming, I guess.

Puss