Thursday 14 February 2008

Sweet Heart

Our office manager is large and very, very grumpy. Of course, underneath it all, he’s a real softie, and I’m actually quite fond of him. When he barks at me, I just smile serenely back, and whenever I ask a favour of him, he always obliges me.

So, on a Valentine’s Day bereft of bouquets, he wanders over to my desk and throws a pink, foil-wrapped, heart-shaped chocolate at me. He mutters that the receptionist gave it to him, but as the soup I had for lunch was inedible, he thinks I should have it. I see beyond the bluster. I am tickled. And I thank him for being so sweet.

5 comments:

Shambhu said...

My former employer gave me nuts on v-day a couple years ago. They got caught up in a pocket in my intestines, and brought me quite close to death. #$%@ capitalists!

Glamourpuss said...

Shambhu
That is very funny. Although I'm sure at the time it was anything but. Poor you.

Puss

Gucci Muse said...

Aw, a VD crush...........how cute.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Nice.

Belated HVD.

Beth said...

HA! Sounds like my boss!