Friday 15 February 2008

Twat

Sitting at the hairdressers, I flick through a fashion magazine while Robyn cuts my hair. She and I agree on most things, and after catching up with each other, a comfortable silence has ensued. I see an ad for Chanel Coco Mademoiselle perfume and without looking up, I ask 'What do you think of Keira Knightley?'

'I think she's a twat!' answers Robyn loudly and emphatically.

I look up from the magazine, catch her eye and we laugh long and hard at her impassioned and unguarded answer. When the laughter finally dies and we both have tears in our eyes, I tell her I agree. The air fills with bonhomie and she continues cutting.

5 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

Chanel made you think of Keira? That is funny!

Glamourpuss said...

Muse
She advertises the Chanel perfume Coco Mademoiselle. You can see the sickening TV ad here.

Puss

Gucci Muse said...

Thanks for the link. She looks like a snappable stick with a chocolate head.

I may recall having seen that commercial but definitely did not remember her or they may have used someone else in the U.S. version, that is how memorable she is.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

That's what I like about you Brits -- your frank (not as in francophile) language. We're still prudes in the U.S.

Jocelyn said...

I just saw a photo of Kiera today, and she was wearing a toga-ish thing that managed to leave her ribcage showing, and the whole thing was really disconcerting.