Friday 21 March 2008

Blooming

I ummed and aahed over the flowers, not sure I could justify the expense of a bunch of orange tulips and a bunch of blue hyacinths. But then I remembered the bonus I wasn't expecting and I leave them in my shopping trolley. For days, they’ve sat demurely in the pale blue vase on the mantelpiece, but today, I come downstairs to open smiling faces and the sweet perfume of Spring. Inhaling deeply and with great satisfaction, I find myself thinking, 'I deserve this pleasure.'

*Yeah, I know the tulips in the image are yellow - couldn't find orange.

4 comments:

The Geezers said...

We're having a violent snowstorm here in Minneapolis on the first full day of spring....

Oh well, flowers will come soon.

Gucci Muse said...

Tulips, my favorite, and what a wonderful combination.

The simple can be the most extravagant indulgence.

Katherine said...

What a pretty combination. Especially with a pale blue vase.

I always feel better after treating myself to flowers.

August

Mel O said...

Beautiful...

I love that you called them "smiling faces." You absolutely deserve this pleasure... and come to think of it, so DO I!

Being that you are so open to the simple pleasures in life, I'm sure you will be feeling inspired soon enough.