Wednesday 19 March 2008

Oasis

‘What about this one?’ I ask, emerging from the changing room in another black, satin pencil skirt and socks.

‘No,’ says my Nigerian friend, ‘I don’t like it as much as the other one. The other one made you look like you have a bum.’

‘I have got a bum. I’ve got a very nice bum thank you very much. And I think that one was too tight.’

‘You may have a bum, but you haven’t got a proper African bum. At least the first one makes your bum stand out.’ And she clacks her tongue and rolls her eyes at me for being so foolish. We laugh, while the Polish sales assistant tries to politely disguise her shock.

I buy the tighter skirt.

6 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

That a girl-show it off!

I have a similar skirt as the one in the photo, but the waist is not as high, and it has slits in the front and back-and it is made of somekind of stretchy material so it skin clings, tapers off the thigh and it oh so comfotable!

Unknown said...

Way to go, I'd have done the same thing....show da' booty off!

Peter Clothier said...

Hello, puss. I'll refrain from comment on the bum (well, actually, kind of nice), but I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed my few minutes discovering your blogs--both of them. I'll be back.

Katherine said...

Oh how funny. I could use some of those permanently-firm African genes.

The skirt in the photo is gorgeous & happens to be my obsession. It's such a flattering cut.

You have a bike-rider's bum. Solid & well-proportioned.

August

Glamourpuss said...

August
You sound like my trapeze teacher. Do you think the bike rider will want his bum back?

Peter
Yes, it's a nice bum - but not mine.

Thanks for dropping by!

Puss

Open Grove Claudia said...

I do love pencil skirts. I used to wear them almost exclusively - but haven't in years and years. Thanks for the reminder. Where did you get yours?