Tuesday 15 April 2008

Compliment

Another day at the office. The ‘phone rings and the man on the other end of line proceeds to ask me about a client we no longer work for. I am polite and as helpful as I can be and he gets chattier, throwing in a little French for comic effect. We get to the ‘thanks very much’ part of the conversation where he stops and adds, ‘by the way, you have a lovely voice.’ I tell him it’s sweet of him to say so and thank him, remembering he works in ad sales. But I can’t deny I am flattered; in my days as a receptionist, my voice was always remarked upon, and those long-forgotten days are recalled as I replace the receiver, smiling.

4 comments:

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

One would have to surmise your voice is pleasing, a balm, based on the voice we hear here. Here hear.

Gucci Muse said...

Yes, I am sure your voice is lilting, feminine and soft, part of the Taurean beauty.

Katherine said...

You certainly do have a beautiful voice, both in writing & speaking.

What a cute poster. Love the mouse and its listening ears.

August

The Geezers said...

In my mind's ear, I imagine your voice to be kind of a low Suzanne Pleshett growl.

No need to correct me if I'm wrong.