Thursday 15 May 2008

Overheard IX

The three teenage girls, with whom I share a seat on the bus are talking overly loudly, full of the arrogance of youth. Their diction is worthy of a comedy sketch, being such a parody of London street speak and drawn-out, multicultural vowels.

‘I nearly lost my virginity twice. Twice. I nearly lost it. My virginity.’ Says one.

‘Who to? Who to?’ asks her friend.

‘Once was to Jamael, right?’

‘Yeah, Jamael.’ Says the other friend, speaking over her.

‘And the other time was to Chris.’

‘Who’s he?’ asks the first friend.

‘Oh, some boy from St. George’s.’ she replies dismissively and the conversation moves on to something else.

3 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

Sounds like sista' talk from the hood....

The CEO said...

Almost? Someone should teach them to close.

Bert & Flo Handmade said...

I read this the other day about those cheap gold hoop ear-rings: The bigger the O, the bigger the Ho.