Thursday 15 May 2008

Yoof

Two teenage girls sit opposite me on the bus, talking loudly. One carries a Chloe handbag, wears a Tiffany necklace, has perfectly manicured acrylic nails, is young, slim, with good skin – despite wearing far too much make-up – and decent features. She wears a baggy vest top and very short shorts, and sits, knees splayed open, slack jawed, chewing gum, with round shoulders and slumped spine. She stares openly at me, without an ounce of elegance or style about her, and I find myself wondering, does her poor posture and demeanour cancel out the young, lithe limbs, or do men find her attractive despite all that? I find myself hoping not – surely, there are some standards left?

3 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

Of course they do, especially at that age-an open invitation is what she is touting, and the young ones know it and the old ones love it.

The CEO said...

Not every woman will dress like that, and not every man will respond well to it either.

Unknown said...

Yoof! Need I say more, it wasn't Peaches Geldof was it, seeing as how you are a very poor 'starfucker'...LOL!