Sunday 27 September 2009

Homecoming

My little yellow car comes home. A man with a round belly in a tight, red polo shirt and a puffing smile lowers her from the back of a large truck, a grumbling but good-natured commentary his soundtrack. As he hands over the keys he asks me if I've broken a window recently. 'No.' I reply, puzzled. He thinks for a moment and then asks me if I use a lot of glitter. What can I answer but 'yes'? Giggling, I tell him he should see my bath, and go on to explain that I'm a performer. He looks pleased that the mystery has been solved, hands me paperwork and climbs back in the truck. I'm still laughing.

2 comments:

Gucci Muse said...

What a cute car! I would be afraid to drive it. All I would be thinking of is how would I survive in a massive car accident?

Steve Malley said...

lol!