Wednesday 19 December 2007

Batman Smells

Everywhere I go I hear ‘Jingle Bells’ and can't help but sing along with the alternative lyrics. It’s playing in one shop after another, the Salvation Army brass band in the station are playing it, and I even hear it on the street as a mother sings it to her small child in a pushchair. She sings the verse in a thin voice filled with love, and the small boy sings the choruses, slowly, deliberately and rather off key. As he does so, he scratches his forehead with a mitten-clad hand and his woolly hat wobbles.

4 comments:

David said...

Thank you puss! I feel all swept over with the spirit of Yule now thanks to that beautiful observation.

Jeanna said...

I think the kid would like the Batman smells version a lot better.

Todd Camplin said...

In a few days, it will all be over.

Gucci Muse said...

so cute!